Linpus Lite and icon 225 3G modem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Chycky, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Chycky

Chycky

I have reinstalled Linpus Lite on my AA1 110 and try to connect my icon 225 modem (I use the Swedish ISP Telenor). The problem is that the connection attempt often errors and when it works then the connection seems to be extremely slow. Firefox doesn't load the pages or it will take an eternity to do so and the Live Update downloads updates very slowly.

I have via WLAN run the Live Update twice and downloaded and installed some patches. One problem is that when I try to install one Network Manager patch then I get an I/O error and the network goes down and I have to restart the computer to get a working network again. Nothing happens if I try to restart Network Manager by using the icon on the Acer desktop.

How do I get my icon 225 modem to work?

One strange thing happens when I try to update Linpus for the third time after the reinstallation. Among the update there are TWO updates called "A patch for Network Manager (180048)" and the first one installs correctly (after I have done so that I can manually select Acer updates) but when the second installs then I get an error "I/O error cannot open files". After the error I have to restart the computer to get the network work again. It doesn't help that the first update installed correctly, the icon 225 modem still doesn't work as expected.

Anyone knowing what's wrong?

Chycky, Apr 23, 2009
Ask a Question