Linpus Lite Versions

Discussion in 'Linux' started by neon2k, Sep 5, 2008.

1. neon2k

neon2k

Hi,

I've just got my AAO (512/8gb/Linpus Lite) and it is running v1.0.7E of Linpus Linux Lite, I've seen screenshots on here of people's System Information and it shows them running v1.0.3 and after looking where the live updater gets it's files from http://update.linpus.com/ACER/AspireOne/ there appear to be newer versions still, anyone have a newer/older one? I wonder if there is a difference between installed software versions? Might be worth comparing the output from rpm -qa ?

neon2k, Sep 5, 2008
  2. neon2k

maciek

just got mine today and it says 1.0.9E

maciek, Sep 5, 2008
  3. neon2k

neon2k

Can you post the output from rpm -qa and I'll compare it against my v1.0.7E and post results.

Cheers

neon2k, Sep 5, 2008
  4. neon2k

A_I

I suppose newer versions just include updates.

A_I, Sep 5, 2008
  5. neon2k

neon2k

I've just been comparing the contents of the folders on the linpus update site and it would suggest that the newer versions do contain the updates built in to the base image, useful to keep copies of the latest I guess for restore purposes in the future if the site goes offline.

neon2k, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question