Linpus Lite

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Im want to install this distro and copied it to a memory stick.(Unpacked and an ISO) and it wont boot. My plan is to make a partition on another flash drive so I can have a fully functioning install that wont cover my HDD. Possible? I can't see why it would be. My only hurdle so far is getting the distro install to boot. System says it could be damaged or not bootable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    -Toast

Guest, Dec 31, 2008
  2. Guest

badmuddahumpa

You can't just copy the files over like that. You need to make the USB drive bootable... And that requires you to install a master boot record to the drive. Just follow the directions to create a proper USB recovery drive with the CD.

badmuddahumpa, Dec 31, 2008
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

its actually a downloaded ISO from the site. to be honest the site looks pretty cheezy and doesnt even have information under some of the buttons. but aside from that i downloaded fedroa live usb creator and tried making a bootable drive with the iso i downloaded and got nothin. im going to try fedora next then KDE if all else fails. Microsoft XP being my fav. operating system has to going seeing as im supporting their plans for things i could do without in an operating system or computing in general. Apparently they love cloud computing and pay per use files. I for one am not going to wait for them to change...hell ill just get something else now.

Guest, Dec 31, 2008
  4. Guest

Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker, Dec 31, 2008
  5. Guest

zinovsky

HELLO
    I advice you to visit this page perhaps will help you www.unixmen.net

zinovsky, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question