Linpus on A0A 110 boot up problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by keeperlink, Jul 21, 2009.

1. keeperlink

keeperlink

Hi,

I need help to recover linpus desktop screen on my Aspire One notebook. When I re-boot it today I got the bash command prompt screen (see attached image).
    I did not reboot my netbook in last few days. But I did few things lately:
    - install Firefox 3 (following online instruction for Aspire One);
    - installed one patch offered by Linpus native update center (I believe some hardware related patch);
    - removed SD card that was sitting in left slot for few months (I used it for photos storage).

When I put SD card back in I get bit different message (see second attachment).

I'm not an expert in Linux world and can't resolve the problem on my own rather than reinstall everything from scratch. But I really want to avoid that option.

Thank you,
    Sergei

keeperlink, Jul 21, 2009
  2. keeperlink

RockDoctor

The pciehp messages you see are related to the card slots, and are not fatal. I've seen them when using (what are now) older kernels where I've had to modify /etc/rc.local or add an additional option file to /etc/modpobe.d. The reason the messages are different is because of the presence or absence of a card in one of the slots.

The bash error appears to be the problem; perhaps a typo in one of the scripts Linpus executes upon login.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

RockDoctor, Jul 23, 2009
Ask a Question