Linpus Partition Problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GvidoR, Nov 3, 2008.

1. GvidoR

GvidoR

Hello!
    I've got a partition (5.25 GB) Dedicated for Linpus. Currently using Windows XP and I want to double boot :)
    How do you double boot ? Because after I made the partition for Linpus the only option I got from the installation was Whole Disk! How do you double boot ? I've heard that some of you do so. Can anyone help ? :roll:

GvidoR, Nov 3, 2008
  2. GvidoR

farslayer

actually if you are going to dual boot you need to first shrink the windows partition down to free up space on the Hard drive.

You would then leave that Hard Drive space UN-partitioned so the Linux installer can use it. Then when you run the Linux installer you would then get the option of "Use Entire Disk" or "use unpartitioned space"

Without Unpartitioned space available the only option they can offer is to overwrite the entire drive

I used the System Rescue CD" to boot my system and run gparted to shrink the windows partition down and free up drive space to install Debian for my Dual boot. I have the AAO with a 160 GB HD so Plenty of space for me to install multiple OS's

farslayer, Nov 3, 2008
  3. GvidoR

cjiruk

I have got the same issue, only getting the option to load Linpus onto complete 120gb partition, i have already got XP installed and left 20Gb partition available for Linux, so any help would be good

Jim

cjiruk, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question