Linpus support for 2.1?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kengrace, Dec 12, 2009.

1. kengrace

kengrace

I set my AAO up with an existing USB bluetooth adapter and got everything working and DUN with my mobile phone. I followed leads in this forum to augment the Bluez downloaded from Acer with with kernel modules 2.6.23.9lw and as I say, everything worked.

I have now bought a Belkin Mini adapter for its smaller size and I'm getting nothing.

The adapter is recognised as present and identified as Belkin using lsusb but won't pair with my phone. When I attempt to start it from terminal with sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth start I get the response:
    touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/hcid': No such file or directory
    touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/bluetooth': No such file or directory

I have tried what other users have suggested - making the missing directories, but to no avail.

I have seen reference to waiting for the Bluez files to support bluetooth 2.1 in order to use this device, but other people seem to be using it already.

The Windows software that comes with the adapter installs drivers for bluetooth v.2.1+EDR.

So the question is, does Bluez support bluetooth 2.1? Should I be installing anything else to use this adapter?

kengrace, Dec 12, 2009
Ask a Question