Linpus to Ubuntu via USB

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Latebalazoo, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Hello all!

I have some troblems changing my AAO OS from Linpus to Ubuntu Remix. I've downloaded the Remix (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download-netbook) and used UNetbootin to put it to my USB stick, I also changed few file names as it was told in the guide https://help.ubuntu.com/community/USB Installation Media.

Now the problem comes when I boot the Aspire. The Ubuntu menu comes and I can choose from it try the Live or Install Ubuntu (there's something else also... can't remember now what they were :oops: )

When I select try Live or Install, it seems to start to work until there is clock and then it just idles there for a long time. Nothing happens, when I shut down the computer after waiting (really long time) it tells me to remove the USB thing (this message comes fast!) and press Enter.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? The Aspire One that I have is the one with the 8Gb harddrive thing ;)

Latebalazoo, Nov 2, 2009
  2. Latebalazoo

Grim Squeaker

You don't need to change those filenames for installation on the One. UNR installed fine on mine (same as yours) without that step - so try leaving it out ;)

Grim Squeaker, Nov 3, 2009
  3. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Tbh, I think I tried it first without changing the filenames and got a littlebit different looking menu that was titled UNetbootin. To be sure, I'll try it again as you told and report about it :)

Latebalazoo, Nov 3, 2009
  4. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Now I tried to make the USB without changing the file names and when I boot my AAO I get a Unetbootin menu where I have "default", "help" and "OEM for manufactures" as selection. When I select default, it starts to think and that's it... Just that :cry:

Latebalazoo, Nov 3, 2009
Ask a Question