Linpus/Vista/XP MultiBoot

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by dj_steve, Oct 6, 2008.

1. dj_steve

dj_steve

ok, ive just about got this working (all from internal hd on my AAO, but i need jsome help with getting linpus's boot loader back,(xp decided to overwrite it as i expected then vista overwrote xps lol) any ideas

dj_steve, Oct 6, 2008
  2. dj_steve

redmistmagpie

did you get this working, I have been following your how to on your website but i get 2 issues

1 Windows does not finish install because on restart I get the hal error
    2 when I then attempt to reactivate the linpus partition it want boot, does not even show me the grub loader which I had set to show menu

Got any ideas I could try, i am now on my 3rd fresh install of linpus

thanks

redmistmagpie, Nov 12, 2008
  3. dj_steve

dj_steve

reinstall grub through the gparted live system. That root works as i did it again last week

dj_steve, Nov 12, 2008
  4. dj_steve

redmistmagpie

yes I tried that too but it would never give me the grub bootloader screen even though the repair said it had been succesful.

Following your how to it all goes to plan until I tell gparted to switch the boot partition to the xp ntfs one, you then suggest I should not be able to boot into linpus but I can, gparted does not ask me to apply the change of boot partition but does indicate that it has done it.

Does yours definetly not let you boot into linpus once the boot partition has been changed?

Thanks

redmistmagpie, Nov 13, 2008
  5. dj_steve

dj_steve

ok, yea ive noticed the linpus system can boot without being active, grub has to be ran from within a chroot or it wont take, command to run is grub-install (hd0) it should do that without errors,, if not add me on msn if you have it or email me and ill be happy to investigate this :)

msn: steve1030_uk[at]hotmail.com
    email: webmaster[at]dmpwap.net

change the [at] to an @

dj_steve, Nov 13, 2008
Ask a Question