Linux+Messenger (Beta)= O

Discussion in 'Linux' started by hochi, Sep 28, 2009.

1. hochi

hochi

At the end of my teather - bought an Aspire One with Linux, can't get Yahoo Messenger to work on it. Try to download Y Messenger 9 or 10 and it just goes crazy 'downloading about 20 times but then says it's not working. On the verge of throwing the Aspire with Linux and buying something with Windows on it. Don't really have time to search the net ad infinitum, just want the magic solution to be able to video talk asap. ( Been trying everything on and off for a few weeks now - as I say, don't have the hours to concentrate fully on this problem )
    Any SIMPLE solutions out there.
    Thanks

hochi, Sep 28, 2009
  2. hochi

RockDoctor

I don't believe there's a Linux version of Yahoo Messenger - if you're constantly downloading an exe file, that's for Windows. I believe a (which is a Linux program) will let you do video and voice. Haven't used it in ages, though

RockDoctor, Sep 28, 2009
  3. hochi

hochi

I believe a ???(which is a Linux program)-what's the missing link ?

hochi, Oct 5, 2009
  4. hochi

RockDoctor

Sorry about that - bad typing - amsn is the program name I was trying to type

RockDoctor, Oct 5, 2009
  5. hochi

hochi

Thanks,

Downloaded the aMSN , same thing happened, about 30 downloads.

I'm giving up, going to buy a netbook with Windows installed - AFTER the salesperson shows me how to access Yahoo chat :evil:

What SOMEBODY need to do is provide a service for the 'illeterati' like myself - we have the money and a bit of knowledge, but can't get the technology to work to serve us as we want :twisted:

hochi, Oct 6, 2009
Ask a Question