Linux - Windows XP Printing problems.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Goodbhoy, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Goodbhoy

Goodbhoy

have a desktop PC running windows XP where my printer is connected.
    I also have a laptop running windows XP and I also have a new netbook which uses linux.

Here is my problem. The Linux netbook is connected to my home network with no problems. I have just set up a printer on my linux netbook (the printer is on the XP desktop machine), when I try to print on the linux netbook nothing happens.

The printing queue on the desktop xp recognises the file but does not print it.
    If I then try and print using my other XP machines, they will not print either. It is as if the initial linux file is blocking the print queue.

If I reboot all 3 machines and print from both my XP machines first, they print perfectly. When I then try my Linux netbook again, like before, nothing happens and again the XP machine recognises the file but does not print and now jams the queue.

The linux machine does have the correct driver.
    I have deleted the printer on the linux machine and reinstalled it again but achieved the same results.

Any help would be apreciated, it is the first time I have purchased (or used) a linux machine.
    The printer is a HP PSC 1300 series.

It is an 'all in one' printer scanner copier printer.

The make and model of my netbook is:-
    acer aspire one
    Model: ZG5

Thank you.

Goodbhoy, Jan 9, 2009
Ask a Question