linux4one or kookie

Discussion in 'Linux' started by barrymung, Jun 10, 2009.

1. barrymung

barrymung

Hi All,

(Not sure if this is the correct place to post but it's the closest I could find..)

I have a basic Aspire One and want to try something other than Linpus Lite. It's a tad too basic. I want something that installs with the minimum fuss and that borks the least functions..

I have read that both "linux4one" and "Kookie/Kookie lite" linux will run "straight out of the box". Both appear to be Ubuntu based..

Which is best? Linux4one or Kookie/Kookie lite?

barrymung, Jun 10, 2009
  2. barrymung

Odrade

Hello,

First, sorry for my poor english :?

I don't try linux4one but I use kuki (pronounced "cookie" as they said) for a while now and I love It.

Give it a try ! For me It work "out of the box". Wifi work better than with Linpus (work with my fonera). TrackPad (or whatewer the name) scroll work like a charm (a pain in linpus).

You can do a full HD backup before You install it :
    http://www.kuki.me/2009/03/how-to-acer- ... hd-backup/

I used It to install 2 differents distribs and to rolled back to Linpus :mrgreen:

If you have some other questions feel free to ask, I will try to help despite of my bad english.

Odrade

Odrade, Jun 11, 2009
  3. barrymung

hippy5

Linux4One is a great distro and well worth a try. It boots very, very quickly, and a lot of the performance tweaks are already implemented for you.

I'd recommend you try the 1.1 release though for now. v1.5 came out a few weeks ago but it's not ready for prime time as far as I can see. The 1.1 release was good enough for me (either lite or full) so why the devs decided to go fiddle is beyond me...

hippy5, Jun 12, 2009
Ask a Question