Little things you are proud of !!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by something back, Dec 30, 2015.

1. something back

something back

Little things you are proud of

I'll start this article off.

I noticed a large van was rolling down a small hill, after the driver had forgotten to apply
    his parking brake. My choice was to allow it on to a major road, or to block it with my car.

If the van had crossed the major road without crashing into another vehicle, it would have
    crashed into a large shop full of people. I had little time to think, let alone to position my car in such away as to stop it without causing myself serious injury.

I positioned my car in it's way, and took the full force of the impact sounding my horn constantly.

I was thankfully unhurt, the car was scraped some three months later.

something back, Dec 30, 2015
    IcyBC and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. something back

Sefie

Oh my!!!!!!! When did this happen? :O It sounds like such a brave thing to do, I'm glad you didn't get hurt! But i think you did the right thing, maybe than van could have killed a lot people, even children, because who expects a ban to suddenly break through a store?! D: Scary, this goes to show it's good to always be alert.

Sefie, Dec 30, 2015
    IcyBC and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  3. something back

Sefie

Oh and by the way, I don't think you could say your act of heroism is little o_O to me it's reaaaally huge! Kudos to you for doing what you did and glad you didn't get hurt! You were so lucky and brave!

Sefie, Dec 30, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. something back

something back

It's over 25 years ago now,you never know what you will do for any given event.

I am sure other have greater stories

something back, Dec 30, 2015
  5. something back

Krissttina Isobe

As Sefie said and I'll add wow!!! You just never know what is on your path for the day. It was so lucky you were there and saw what was happening and did something about it. I hope your insurance helped you with your vehicle and were you in the news?

Krissttina Isobe, Dec 31, 2015
  6. something back

something back

The article was not meant to be about myself, but to see others experiences.

To answer you the car was a very old car, and would have only lasted two more years on the road.

No police were involved the young driver offered to pay me himself which I accepted.

It was all done on trust.

He called at my house a week later, and paid me a very small sum equivalent to a little
    over a weeks wage for the damage.

He was very lucky that there was no publicity the whole things just passed without fuss.

something back, Dec 31, 2015
  7. something back

IcyBC

I don't have a story to top what you did! That was pure heroism on your part and I am glad you were not hurt in the process plus the young driver offered to pay you!

Given the same situation, I believe I can't act that fast and I can't trust anyone anymore after I got ripped off by so many that said they would honor their promises, which never happened.

Happy New Year!

IcyBC, Dec 31, 2015
Ask a Question