Live Update Fails - Server too busy it says

Discussion in 'Linux' started by protoculture, Jun 1, 2009.

1. protoculture

protoculture

not sure what this means.

protoculture, Jun 1, 2009
  2. protoculture

Geffers

The update facility has major problems, this forum is full of problems with this function, trouble is there are so many different suggested remedies that it gets confusing.

I've virtually given up trying and have partitioned my HD and keep linpus to get used to a different Linux distro but have Ubuntu on the other partition; works fine

Geffers

Geffers, Jun 5, 2009
  3. protoculture

archer2009

I was wondering if it was failing because Linpus have just released a new version of their operating system and maybe moved the files, etc from their servers?

archer2009, Jun 6, 2009
  4. protoculture

Geffers

A few months back there was a potential security (I think) problem with the repositories so they changed the location.

This was all explained in this forum, I followed the instructions and still I get errors.

Geffers

Geffers, Jun 6, 2009
  5. protoculture

FlyShadow

Hi guys,

I have a friend which closed to Linpus and told me that the network department of Linpus always update file to incorrect directories. This is due to the very poor quality of the OS. As u can see from the system information, it display the OS version. I have mine as 1.0.21 and I am sure that someone may be higher than me.

No doubt to have error to maintain different branch of the same application, right.

FlyShadow.

FlyShadow, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question