Live Update Huawei CM Patch Fails

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rbrown3rd, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rbrown3rd

rbrown3rd

I ran the really big Live Update after unboxing my new ZG5. Everything is working great. No problems. But, I ran Live Update again and it found one file to be applied, the Huawei CM Patch. It downloads completely but fails to install. Has anyone else run into this? Is there anything I can do to get past this?

All I have done is install Firefox 3, Skype, and GIMP along with turning on the right click menus. Did I do anything bad? As I said, the machine is working like a dream. I was just concerned when this patch would not apply.

Update****************

I cleared out the updater folder as recommended in one thread. This time the Live Update failed with a "Failed to connect to update server" message.

rbrown3rd, Dec 13, 2008
  2. rbrown3rd

hrmlee

i am like u...but fail. why not try updating the latest bios.

hrmlee, Dec 24, 2008
  3. rbrown3rd

rbrown3rd

I will try anything to get live updates going again but not sure how updating the bios would have anything to do with it.

rbrown3rd, Dec 24, 2008
  4. rbrown3rd

rbrown3rd

I just tried an update using the Software Update option in the menu. The system found a number of packages that were candidates for update and the download of headers commenced. However when the install phase started I got the following message:

Unresolvable requirement redhat-menus for kdelibs

Unresolvable requirement redhat-menus >= 1.11 for htmlview

Unresolvable requirement libgnome-desktop-2.so.2 for gnome-utils

If I use the Live Update option I get the Hauwei language update problem that is the subject of this thread.

rbrown3rd, Dec 24, 2008
  5. rbrown3rd

rbrown3rd

rbrown3rd, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question