Live Update not doing anything

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, have an issue with my live update, it is trying to install several patches, got to the point where its telling me it is installing a patch but is just hanging there doing nothing. the progress bar at the bottom is about halfway through and at the top it says updating, but nothing is happening. have left it for hours with no progress. no error message, nothing, just sits there saying it is installing

i dont think its an issue with the patch i am installing cause when it does the check for updates there is an optional language patch i chose not to install initially, if i select to install that one then it just hangs at the very same place for this patch rather than the one it originally hung on.

any ideas on how to move this on and complete the updates?

as a sidenote since round the time this issue started i have been unable to launch messenger, when i click on the icon nothing happens. will this be related to my update problem?

thanks in advance

Guest, Sep 15, 2009
  2. Guest

wscott

Hi

Same issue here, also don't know if it's related but I can't access the add/remove anymore.

Anyone got help/advice, please?

wscott, Oct 15, 2009
  3. Guest

buttsy

Same here, Live update hangs on an update, and add/remove programs (yum) is screwed. Add remove programs goes to the password screen, enter the password, the dialog box disappears and nothing happens. Try anything to do with yum from terminal (in su mode) and nothing happens. Help?

buttsy, Oct 22, 2009
  4. Guest

mrpostman

bump- same here.

Is there a solution for this. Please?

mrpostman, Dec 1, 2009
  5. Guest

doctorevil8

doctorevil8, Dec 14, 2009
Ask a Question