Live Update

Discussion in 'Linux' started by miniman6x, Apr 9, 2009.

1. miniman6x

miniman6x

Can anyone help? I have read the forum and have tried various thing but cannot update my Acer Aspire one.
    I reloaded the Operating System but live Update does not totally work. You can download the updates but when it comes to actually installing them an Error Message comes up saying it 'cannot connect to the server'. I followed a link on the forum and have managed to be able to select the downloads that I want (not greyed out and ticked automatically) and have started with the first numbered download and have tried installing them one by one but it still does not work. Get the same error message coming up. Apart from that the netbook works. Can anyone help? I am not very knowledgeable about Linus Systems so please go through any actions I need to take stage by stage please. Any help greatfully received. :D

miniman6x, Apr 9, 2009
  2. miniman6x

TTgowings

So, I waited a few days before I ran the update (thinking if there would be problems they'd have them ironed out by now) and sure enough mine is erroring out too, just says can't connect, so I've no idea what to do now, I don't see in the error why it's timing out or how to fix it, am sure glad though I did a full system backup first, so can anyone pinpoint the issue so it will finish updating ?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, TIA.

Edit: I used the instructions on deselecting individual updates and still no go, errors out on network every time. Is this the same type of issue that we had last time around or is this something new ?

TTgowings, Apr 10, 2009
  3. miniman6x

GlenMH

Take a look at the post here on 4th Jan 2009: http://macles.blogspot.com/

You should be able to copy and paste the sed commands directly in to a terminal window....

GlenMH, Apr 14, 2009
  4. miniman6x

TTgowings

TTgowings, Apr 18, 2009
Ask a Question