LiveUpdate always fails

Discussion in 'Linux' started by craiggieg, Sep 29, 2008.

1. craiggieg

Pierre

Ok I did this.. I did not get anything in the terminal after having typed out that last command though, is that normal? But I'm indeed in the right files etc... I'll do the second part.

EDIT: the other command (sudo yum install fedora-release) worked fine and it's not installing a bunch of things... I'll see what gives. Thanks for all the help so far guys! Loving this place!

Pierre, Dec 9, 2008
  2. craiggieg

wim

If you would have executed rm -r* (omitting the f) you would have to confirm all deletes. you don't want to do that. So, it's perfectly fine you did not get any feedback. Glad to be of help.
    WBW

wim, Dec 9, 2008
  3. craiggieg

Pierre

Got it thanks! This place is good for learning basic linux commands.

Anyway it seems that it worked just fine. I did one liveupdate, it told me it hadn't installed everything. I ran into the same message when I tried it again, but realized I'd forgotten to restart the PC. So I did and ran it again, and it installed the two remaining updates without a glitch!

Additionally, the messenger which until yesterday didn't work at all started working yesterday while at the Pub using the wireless. Then it worked at home as well even though it'd refused to before and I hadn't done the updates yet... Go figure :s

So all's good all in all. Thanks so much guys!

Pierre, Dec 10, 2008
  4. craiggieg

gre0

I had the exact same issue, most likely it was a problem with my ISP. When I used my 3G modem rather than my home wlan, it worked right away.
    Using my regular ISP I could not reach http://linpuscdn.040services.net, but using 3G it works every time.

gre0, Jan 2, 2009
  5. craiggieg

SomeSwede

Thanks a lot! I had the same problem, and this seems to have fixed it.

SomeSwede, Feb 14, 2009
  6. craiggieg

capwell

Some of the live update problems are probably caused by settings on the broadband router (not your ISP). Try turning off your firewall. In my case, unblocking Ping solved the problem

capwell, Feb 15, 2009
Ask a Question