Load software on AspireOne

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kojaks43, Dec 3, 2008.

1. kojaks43

kojaks43

I have Microsoft Office 2007 Professional on a desktop computer. I want to load just Word and Excel from the suite on to the Acer. However, as the Acer does not have a CD drive, I am not sure how to do that.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. But please, I am not very computer smart. So, please try not to use initials when you explain, as that usually is where I get lost and try to find a rope to hang myself! ;)

k

kojaks43, Dec 3, 2008
  2. kojaks43

X-Raycer

External CD Drive w/ USB

or

If you have an other PC with a CD, Network them.

RIch

X-Raycer, Dec 4, 2008
  3. kojaks43

kojaks43

Thanks, X-Raycer, I appreciate your help. It seems expensive to buy an external CD w/ USB to load 2 programs. And I don't know how to network my other PC to the Acer.
    Is there another option? Could I just copy my Excel and Word .exe files from my other computer and paste them on to a USB flash drive, then plug that flash drive into the Acer, and copy and paste the .exe files to the Acer hard drive??

k

kojaks43, Dec 4, 2008
  4. kojaks43

bracky1

You can get an external CD drive for £9 on ebay. It would be a good investment as I'm sure you'll want to put other stuff on it at some point.

bracky1, Dec 7, 2008
  5. kojaks43

kojaks43

Re: Load software on AspireOne Aspire One

Thank you all for responding.

I did something else. I don't know if I did it right, but it seemed to work.
    Using the CD drive on my desktop computer, I copied the MS Office 2007 Suite software onto the desktop of the desktop computer. Then I inserted a USB flash drive (I have a 2 GB one) and dragged the Suite files to the flash drive. I then inserted the flash drive into the USB port of the Aspire One. I opened My Computer on Aspire One, located the USB flash drive and opened the Office file. I was able to locate the start.exe file. When I clicked on it, it asked for the product key and after entering, I was then able to select Word, Excel, One Note and Publisher on the netbook. I'm a happy guy!!

k

kojaks43, Dec 7, 2008
  6. kojaks43

jannadem

I just loaded MS Office 2003. First copy Complete CD to USB memory stick on yout Desk PC. Install spoftware from the stick.

jannadem, Dec 11, 2008
Ask a Question