Long Boot Process

Discussion in 'Windows' started by imcrobie, Jan 26, 2009.

1. imcrobie

imcrobie

I have an Aspire One running XP Home and when I initially power on the Netbook, it goes through a long boot process which is new to me.
    I get a black screen with some information about REALTEK and then followed by a message "Cliet MAC Addr: (with the MAC Address) and on the next line It had "GUID: (with an address) and the "DHCP...." with a line revolving like the hands of a clock. this process takes a while to complete and then I am p[resented with an option as to which system I want to boot from WIN XP Home or WIN XP Home (the same thing twice).
    How do I a) speed up the boot process by removing the above DHCP check and b) how do I eliminate the selecting of OS when they are both the same?
    Any answers, tips would be appreciated.

imcrobie, Jan 26, 2009
  2. imcrobie

heliedgar

i think thats bcose u put Boot from network first.i think u should put the HD first for a fast boot.

Sorry for my english.. :oops:

heliedgar, Jan 27, 2009
  3. imcrobie

jackluo923

The user above answered your first question.

The answer to your second question is:
    Click start -> search
    enabled hidden file and system file in folder management
    then search for boot.ini
    open the file with notepad and delete the line where it says windows xp the 2nd time.

jackluo923, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question