look what i found in youtube (windows)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by URBANRACER, Oct 11, 2008.

1. URBANRACER

URBANRACER

Installing Windows XP on a Netbook Via USB (Acer Aspire One)

URBANRACER, Oct 11, 2008
  2. URBANRACER

goofball

I haven't tried that method, does that one require you to blast all the partitions out and only have one partition?

goofball, Oct 11, 2008
  3. URBANRACER

Tamrac

I havent watched the video yet... but what's the deal about partitions? You can install XP on whatever kind of setup you want. Be it a sinlgle partition, or multiple. Of course it's better to use only 1 in you're on the 8gb SSD since the space is limited.

Tamrac, Oct 11, 2008
  4. URBANRACER

GingaNinja

It's a pretty good and well explained guide. I found this last week and used it to install WinXP on my One. Worked a treat, but I used a USB HDD rather than a stick.

Ginga

GingaNinja, Oct 12, 2008
  5. URBANRACER

goofball

The one from this site http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/instal ... thumb.html requires you to make the hard drive one big partition. You then have to use partitioning software afterwards if you want more than just one massive partition. While this is ok on initial install, it's tiresome to have to wipe the HDD completely if you do reinstall the OS. It's also annoying if you just need XP reinstalled but are dual booting OS'es like with Vista as that will get wiped as well and need to be redone.

goofball, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question