looping during ideneb 1.3.10.5.5 setup

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by fesi, Jan 21, 2009.

1. fesi

fesi

Hi folks
    i have some problems installing the ideneb 1.3.10.5.5 on my Aspire One 120 GB and 1MB Ram (XP home installed)
    I would like to have a double boot system so i reduce the NTFS Partition to 40GB and create a 60 GB Mac partition with the disk utility provided with the ideneb DVD.
    During installation i use the customize install button to include everything except patches for AMD. I also select only the language pack for german and select only the intel grafik driver and in wireless i select the atheros driver hoping for wlan support with the shipped wlan card.
    The installation was fluently without problems and with a big check mark at the end. After reboot i see the welcome screen to select my country and afterwards the language. Next screen "Do you already have a MAC?" i select no do not import anything and then it takes some time and i have to select the country again. This loop seem to be endless.....
    In verbose mode i can't see something wrong (it very fast) but anyway if the graphial thing is started i see no debug info dumped on the screen.

Anyone with ideas? There where not that much ideneb related threads in the "search". Would be very cool to bring this little thing up and running ;-)

fesi, Jan 21, 2009
  2. fesi

qqmm

I've met same problem. I suggest you run iDeneb 1.0 10.5.4 will be fine.

If you want to solve the looping problem you should read this:

Press F8 when you reboot your AA1,
    enter:
    -s
    to enter single user modeā€¦

then input this

/sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /
    passwd root
    touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
    reboot

don't forget you root password, good luck!

qqmm, Jan 22, 2009
  3. fesi

fesi

thanx a lot that worked.
    I havn't tried a lot but the NIC WLAN of course and the cam and sound as well is not recognized.

fesi, Jan 22, 2009
  4. fesi

torrentmasta

I had the same problem.

I pressed F8 when booting up and entered these parameters:

"Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

It loads up at a really low resolution and comes up telling you that setup cannot be completed because the resolution is too low. But it loaded up the OS, although you still need to do a few things now because you didn't do a setup (creating a user for example).

torrentmasta, Jan 25, 2009
Ask a Question