Loose Power Cord

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by xtowelyx, Oct 4, 2009.

1. xtowelyx

xtowelyx

My AAO's power cord has been loose in the socket for some time now. From what I can remember, it kind of just happened randomly. The only way I can charge it is if I either hold the plug in or prop the plug up against something stationary. It is VERY frustrating. The slightest movement causes it to stop charging.

Anyone know anything about this?

xtowelyx, Oct 4, 2009
  2. xtowelyx

LAZ

I'm having a similar problem with the AC power cord and socket. If the plug rotates in the socket, the netbook switches to battery power. This is annoying. Is there any way to determine if the problem is is the power jack or the socket?

And if the latter, how would I go about fixing it?

LAZ, Nov 10, 2009
  3. xtowelyx

LAZ

My problem turned out to be a faulty power cord. A replacement works fine.

LAZ, May 10, 2010
  4. xtowelyx

EmilyH

Same problem and I am wondering if 1. I should try to test another power cord. 2. I should start copying all to my SSD card 3. I should wait for the new Acer with Android to come out. I use my Acer as my primary computer and use it easily 8-hours a day. Is there a way to test if it's the cord or the machine? If it is the machine, is it cost effective to send away for repair. I have discussed this with a local repair co. and have been told that it was not.

EmilyH, Aug 21, 2010
  5. xtowelyx

Timberhuntersgirl

Mine is the same way as well. Although it's not just the power cord, it's the piece where the power cord plugs into the computer. It's no loose it's constantly switching back and forth to battery and then AC. Annoying. Is there any way to fix it?

Timberhuntersgirl, Oct 7, 2010
Ask a Question