losing WIFI when resuming from hybernate or standby

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by 97vulcan, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 97vulcan

97vulcan

hello

it seems when I put my AAO 532h to sleep, or hybernate mode, when I go to resume it it no longer has wifi connection. It still sees the network, and the SSID, but it says limited or no connectivity. even when I try and reconnect it just sits there and spins its wheels. If I try to shut down, or restart it will just hang on the "shutting down" screen, so I'll just hold the power button to shut it down.

When I boot it from a shut down, it starts up like a champ, and connects to WIFI no problem.

I've got a Linksys WRT54G Router which is about 4-5 years old.

Thanks,
    Adam

97vulcan, Aug 2, 2010
  2. 97vulcan

Swarvey Moderator

Tried updating the drivers for your WiFi?

Swarvey, Aug 2, 2010
  3. 97vulcan

97vulcan

Thanks for your quick reply, I believe I have the latest Atheros driver at 8.0.0.259. The card in my AAO is Atheros AR5B95. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adam

97vulcan, Aug 2, 2010
  4. 97vulcan

mickeyd20

I don't think it's your router. I have a D-link DIR-655 router and I have the same problem. My Acer is a D255e with the Intel WiFi link 1000 BGN card. I go to the Network and Sharing Center and have to re-connect from there. If someone has a solution I like to hear it.
    Thanks,
    Mike

mickeyd20, Mar 5, 2011
  5. 97vulcan

Swarvey Moderator

I had the same problem until recently. Heres what I did to resolve the problem under windows 7:

1. Goto your device manager and uninstall the wireless network card from there, but don't reboot
    2. Goto the add/remove programs control panel app and uninstall the driver, don't reboot
    3. Click start then run (if you don't have run in your start menu, on your keyboard hit the windows key and R), clear the box, type in "services.msc" without the " marks.
    4. When the Services window opens, locate and STOP the WLAN Autoconfig service
    5. Open my computer and ensure you can see all hidden folders, open your C: drive, look for the hidden folder Program Data, open it, then the microsoft folder, and delete the WLANSVC folder from within
    6. Reboot your computer, reinstall the latest drivers and re-establish the connection to your router.

That fixed it for me, also enabled me to view my shared folders from my linux-based media center and all linux computers in my house

Swarvey, Mar 5, 2011
  6. 97vulcan

donec

I agree it is not your router. This is a common problem and very few OS work with both hibernate and suspend one is often posing wireless problems. I personally think it has more to do with the way the returning system recognizes the return of power to the wireless card. However I doubt you need to reboot you can probably get it working by disconnecting your wireless and reconnecting it.

donec, Mar 5, 2011
  7. 97vulcan

mickeyd20

That suggestion seems to have fixed the problem for me.
    Thanks,

mickeyd20, Mar 6, 2011
Ask a Question