lost all my bookmarks and homepage ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by t-pot, Mar 18, 2009.

1. t-pot

t-pot

been using the acer no problems, then when my wife opened it up on the browser tonight, the homepage had been lost and all our bookmarks.

we tried to re add them, but as soon as you close the browser, it forgets them all again.

what has gone wrong?
    its an aspire one linux, using firefox

t-pot, Mar 18, 2009
  2. t-pot

t-pot

forgot to add, ive tried search, and done the import bookmarks, it works, but again once closed, all is lost again

t-pot, Mar 18, 2009
  3. t-pot

brad ford

Wives huh, who needs them? Seriously, check the firefox settings in the options from the tools menu. Sounds like some firefox settings have been altered so that your settings are wiped when firefox closes. Check history or bookmark options.

brad ford, Mar 19, 2009
  4. t-pot

GvidoR

See if there is a tick under Edit - Preferences - Privacy - Always clear my private data when I close Firefox.

GvidoR, Mar 19, 2009
  5. t-pot

bigajm

Have a google for Xmarks Firefox extension, which backs up your bookmarks (and site logons if you wish) and syncs them across multiple pcs. All encrypted and safe. Also lets you access your bookmarks from a browser if you're ever away from your own pc or netbook.

bigajm, Jun 30, 2009
Ask a Question