Lost bookmarks and homepage

Discussion in 'Linux' started by neillongsden, Aug 27, 2011.

1. neillongsden

neillongsden

I am using Aspire 1 with linpus and firefox 2.0.0.14. As my wife only uses it for checking ebay and occasionally emails we have had no issues but a couple of days my son was using it. We now find on switching on the machine the Yahoo home page has disappeared and I can't get it installed (or Google or any other) as the home page. All I have is a Firefox page that advises me the firefox version installed is not up to date. I press 'download' and eventually get the message 'Done' but nothing has changed. Our bookmarks have also disappeared, the box shows 'empty' when we click on the bookmarks toolbar.

We have only had the machine some 18 months but because it it used infrequenly and my main machine uses Windows I'm struggling to getr to grips with it.

Advice please how to update Firefox to a more up to date version; how to reinstate Yahoo as home page; how to restore my bookmarks.

Best wishes.... Neil

neillongsden, Aug 27, 2011
Ask a Question