LOST INSTALLATION DISC - HELP

Discussion in 'Linux' started by littledorritt, Jan 21, 2010.

1. littledorritt

littledorritt

I have lost/mislaid the installation disk for my Acer Aspire One - Linpus Lite. I need to get back to factory default as the system is corrupted and has lost all wi-fi capability. Where can I find a disk or download which will work ? Do Acer provide them ? My other computer is a Mac IBook thus I am not a PC person and can't speak PC. If I am staring again can I stick a version of Windows onto to the Acer as I'm told it's better than Linux/Linpus. Many thanks

littledorritt, Jan 21, 2010
  2. littledorritt

simbeb

Go to the following thread, it gives you my download locations for the Linpus CD:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17395

If you want to install Windows, it is much less straightforward: you need to do it through a USB key and you will find the instructions in the "How to guides" section of this forum. If you are not a geek and own the ssd version the netbook, I would forget altogether about the idea of installing Windows.

simbeb, Jan 21, 2010
  3. littledorritt

littledorritt

Thanks for this but as I am not a techy, I need further help please. Re. " I have uploaded the Linpus Recovery DVD to Rapidshare and Megaupload." Not with you - what are these ?

littledorritt, Jan 22, 2010
  4. littledorritt

simbeb

Huh, If I have to start explaining you in writing about uploading, downloading, extracting a zip file, and using an .ISO file to make a recovery USB key, it's gonna take me the rest of my life! You'd be better off buying a ready-made recovery USB key off Ebay. Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACER-ASPIRE-O...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5639098037

simbeb, Jan 25, 2010
Ask a Question