Lost my Taskbar

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Corneilius, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Corneilius

Corneilius

I was trying different themes under settings changing colours font sizes etc, when I realised my Taskbar has disappeared! Tried to undo everything I did, but not got it back.

How do I get it back? And failing that how can I switch of my netbook?

Corneilius, Jan 17, 2009
  2. Corneilius

daldred

daldred, Jan 17, 2009
  3. Corneilius

Corneilius

Thanks Daldred

Tried that thread, and was able to make up a panel with few buttons on, but nothing which looked like my taskbar and I was not able to find a button for my wireless card so no internet!.

Realised when I was in XFCE/panel I opened a couple of panels trying to see what it did, then deleted them, but deleted more than I opened so deleted my taskbar.

I have recovered linpus to the default settings today and now have a proper taskbar back, and I am reinstaling all the extras that I have lost.

I suppose I have learned that in XFCE you have to be very careful what you change especially in panel.

Thanks again

Corneilius, Jan 18, 2009
  4. Corneilius

daldred

Indeed!

Though it's surprising that the option of deleting your settings files doesn't lead to a restoration of a standard set; whether that's expected behaviour in XFCE or a result of something Acer have done, I don't know.

daldred, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question