Lost the XFCE interface

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Chicksaw, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Chicksaw

Chicksaw

Hello,

I incountered a little problem when using the software manager. The XFCE package suddenly got uninstalled or something else because it didn't have a V next to it.
    I pressed the apply button before i realised it, now everything on the desktop is gone. The four main interfaces wont show up and Alt-F2 isnt working anymore.
    Pressing the home button leads to an error saying: Could not run command xfdesktop2 -- gohome.

any help on starting up the manager so i can reinstal the XFCE or an other solution without the need for the recovery disc (havent got a 2Gig USB stick)

Thx in advance

Chicksaw, Aug 1, 2008
  2. Chicksaw

Sid

Did you buy a 2gb stick or get this fixed yet?

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Chicksaw

idrougge

This just happened to me too. I was playing a game when the screensaver kicked in, and when I moved the mouse, it asked for a password, which the screensaver has never done before. Not knowing the password, I had to force a shutdown. And when the system boots now, all I get is a screen filled with junk, the bottom taskbar and a floating Acer search bar.

idrougge, Aug 26, 2008
Ask a Question