Loving my 10" AAO

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Gunner86, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Gunner86

Gunner86

I bought my aspire one about a week ago and since then i have upgraded the memory to 2gb with a crucial 2gb ddr2 667 stick, i also upgraded the hard drive to a 320gb 7200rpm hitachi hard drive and i must say wow what a difference, this thing is now screaming fast for opening programs and stuff. Anyways this is my first post i just wanted to say hello and give you feedback on the AAO 10".

Gunner

Gunner86, Apr 1, 2009
  2. Gunner86

AOD150BLACK

Hi, first post here for me as well, and I'm loving my D150 too!

Just got my black two days ago, ordered it monday from newegg, got it with free shipping on tues, love the egg! I also upgraded to the same ram, but haven't changed the hdd yet. Plan on adding a touchscreen as soon as hodatech gets the 10.1" solderless models in (they say a couple of weeks). Probably add internal bluetooth then, and 3G at some point as well.

Everything has worked pretty well for me right out of the box. XP seems to be working fine , after removing most of the bloatware. Wed morning I partitioned the hdd and installed Windows 7 build 7068 via wifi from my desktop drive, and it was finished installing and updating before I was ready for work. Haven't had any driver issues, but AVG isn't working 100% (even though I have it on 2 other Windows 7 desktop builds working fine).

I'm very impressed! I can get a good signal from my router downstairs at one end of my house all the way to my bedroom upstairs at the opposite end of the house! I was lucky enough to get the larger battery (not sure if they changed course and are only shipping the bigger one), and so far have been getting 6-7 hours on my first three charges.

Only concern I have is how hot it runs, I wish they would stop placing vents on the bottom,!

AOD150BLACK, Apr 3, 2009
Ask a Question