Mac programs actually run in OSX86?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Anfernee, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Anfernee

Anfernee

Hey guys, if I decide to load osx86 on an aspire one, and get an external optical drive, would I be able to load mac programs and run them as if the A1 was an actual mac? I'm trying to figure out if I would actually benefit in any way whatsoever by dualbooting with OSX as an option.. and if I can run mac programs, i don't know why else I would need OSX, except to use safari, and since I don't get deep into internet browsers, I wouldn't really benefit from safari over internet explorer in windows. I'm basically trying to figure out if there are any real benefits to using OSX86 on my aspire one (FUTURE aspire one, that is)

Anfernee, Jun 7, 2009
  2. Anfernee

vriesfde

You are 100% right, if you only can think of one program, Safari, being ale to run under OSX, there is surely no benefit for you to go through the pain of installing OSX.

If you want to try out Safari, you can alos download the Windoze version.....

As far as your other question goes, yes, after install of an osx os on your Acer Apsire one, you can run 'mac' programs. Did you ever wonder why people were actually installing osx on their hackintoshes if one could not run apps on it??
    :eek:

vriesfde, Jun 7, 2009
  3. Anfernee

sch911

Yes... It turns your AAO into a full fledged Mac. Most things work, but not everything. And be advised the AOO cannot "sleep" while running OSX.

sch911, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Anfernee

rory

All Mac programs I have ever tried work. Anything written for mac will work, the only limitation being the processor. basicaly if it ran on a 3rd gen macbook with leopard itll run on the AAO. Photoshop CS4 ran on it, as did matlab for me, so dont worry!

rory, Jun 8, 2009
Ask a Question