Macbook Air M2 or M3 ?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by hazellebohol, Jul 5, 2024.

1. hazellebohol

hazellebohol

Hi everyone! ^^

Next semester, I will be an exchange student studying in another country, and a new laptop is definitely a necessity for me. I did some research, and I'm stuck between which laptop I should buy. Should I go for the MacBook Air M2 with 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD, or the MacBook Air M3 with the same specs? I want to use it to edit videos and vlogs (on Final Cut Pro) and for schoolwork (Excel, Word). What would you guys suggest?

hazellebohol, Jul 5, 2024
  2. hazellebohol

jekexp

Hey there! For video editing and schoolwork, I'd definitely recommend the MacBook Air M3 over the M2. The M3 has a newer chip, offering better performance and efficiency, which is great for handling tasks like video editing in Final Cut Pro. It's also more future-proof, so it'll serve you well for years to come. Plus, for schoolwork, it's more than capable of handling Excel and Word. Here are links to both options:
    MacBook Air M3 (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)
    MacBook Air M2 (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

jekexp, Jul 7, 2024
Ask a Question