Mad wifi with sickboy kernel

Discussion in 'Linux' started by celticbhoy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. celticbhoy

celticbhoy

Is there a post with instructions on how to install mad wifi on 8.10 using sickboy's kernel, when I try other instructions I get this :-

gary@gary-laptop:~/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3879-20081204$ make
    cd: 1: can't cd to /lib/modules/2.6.28-rc8/build
    Makefile.inc:66: *** /lib/modules/2.6.28-rc8/build is missing, please set KERNEL

Anyone know how to do this ????

:?:

celticbhoy, Jan 3, 2009
  2. celticbhoy

exwannabe

I assume this error comes up when you have downloaded and exploaded madwifi, and the type "make".

You must type "make KERNEL=<kernel-name>", where <kernel name> is the kernel headers you are compiling against.

BUT, this will probably error out with another problem, a missing file [This seams to be a bug in make-kpkg]. To solve this you need to find a copy of that file by downloading the kernel source. Then copy that file into place. See page 19 on sticks kernel thread for this.

Another option is to download the kernel source and grab sticks .config file. If you start with the released 2.3.28 you get the current ALSA version for free. This will give you more flexibility in case you want to change the .config.

exwannabe, Jan 3, 2009
Ask a Question