Making a bootable usb iatkos 7...

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by proffesore, Mar 3, 2010.

1. proffesore

proffesore

Hello all!
    I would like to install Iatkos v7 on my aspire one d150,as i don't own a external usb dvd-drive i tried to virtual boot iatkos 7 with vmware workstation 7 at windows vista.I manage to install iatkos with vmware wirtually but it stucks as you can see

[​IMG]

maybe i have to go to boot options at the start but i don't have a idea..
    I tried to format the usb stick via ''virtual '' iatkos v7 but lost connection with the stick!
    All i want to do is to clone the iatkos v7 image to usb stick so that i could install mac on acer aspire one d150!Any ideas? :shock:

proffesore, Mar 3, 2010
  2. proffesore

LOLGUY75

i made my usb bootable with HPUSBFW.EXE (try google it) it works and i got Linux mint 8 on it :D and i can run it with usb without installing :) , But i cant figure out how to put mac os x on it... :? (For who know i got a Acer aspire one D250) but google HPUSBFW.EXE ;)

LOLGUY75, Mar 8, 2010
  3. proffesore

AK963

Visualizing Mac OS X is a huge pain in the arse, you're going to need to find a distro that works and tweak some preference files too.

If you don't have a USB DVD drive I'd strongly suggest buying a cheap IDE-USB bridge. I got one for £12 on amazon which came with a power supply, it will let you use any IDE/SATA DVD Drive (beg/borrow/steal one if you don't have a computer you can pull one from) for install. Installing from USB sticks is a pain if you don't have a mac/hackintosh already.

AK963, Mar 12, 2010
  4. proffesore

error404

For anyone who has been wanting to make a bootable USB install disk for OSX I have the answer.
    The program is called Leopard HD Install Helper and you do not need a working Mac to use it. Its for Windows.
    Its written in another language (something Asian) so the GUI is a little bit tricky to use.
    If you google you should be able to find a guide telling you how to use it. It is slightly buggy and sometimes doesn't want to let the Go button work but you'll just have to keep selecting and unselecting things until it lets you push that button. Do not go by the progress bar before you exit, go by the blinking light on your USB flash drive.

error404, Mar 19, 2010
Ask a Question