Mame, with great performance!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sideways, Aug 23, 2008.

1. sideways

bennnneb

i've found the roms folder but it won't allow me to drag and drop my roms into it. any ideas what i need to do? thanks

bennnneb, Jan 22, 2009
  2. sideways

speekergeek

This REALLY should be a sticky in the HOW-TO forum, the method to get a gamepad/joystick to work.

I spent forever trying to do this myself and never could. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across this easy 4 step process to enable a gamepad, my life is now complete :)

It's boner time!

Mike

speekergeek, Feb 9, 2009
  3. sideways

alex.gemaraz

Just like to express my thanks to sideways for very great post.
    I can play my fav game: Samurai Showdown series. Thx. AG

alex.gemaraz, Feb 11, 2009
  4. sideways

me075064

Hi all.

Got there in the end - I tried to download the wrong xmame file (I think I ended up downloading the source file several times) but after realizing my mistake it works works well.

EDIT ** Actually I've been playing with some of the settings and I've been getting great results.
    Using Xvideo does make a great deal of difference - not full screen though as this seems to cause random pauses.
    Turn off Full screen and set scale height and width to 2. :D

Cheers
    John M

me075064, Feb 19, 2009
  5. sideways

RobC

I'm trying to use my AAO in a MAME cabinet - I've followed the instructions in this thread and have it all working but am getting these annoying random pauses in fullscreen mode under XVideo. Does anyone know how to cure this?

The Normal and X11 modes don't run quickly enough and I've tried other video options but always get the pauses. I don't want to run in a window as it detracts from the cabinet look and feel...

RobC, Jan 24, 2015
Ask a Question