Mandriva 2008.1 hangs at startup

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mgielissen, Jul 21, 2008.

1. mgielissen

mgielissen

The KDE live cd from Mandriva 2008.1 boots fine. But after installing to SSD, Mandriva hangs in de the bootprocess at UDEV. The last message I can see, it stops after finding the Webcam

mgielissen, Jul 21, 2008
  2. mgielissen

jdeisenberg

Yes, I am having the exact same problem. I think it's actually the wireless card that's crashing. If you install the 2.6.25 kernel, that fixes it (I know it worked on another atom processor machine.) Unfortunately, to do this, you have to turn off the networking..and the BIOS on the AA1 doesn't seem to let you do this :( . I must research the problem further, or get the latest 2009 beta Mandriva and give that a try.

jdeisenberg, Aug 27, 2008
  3. mgielissen

jdeisenberg

Oooh, this is weird. I started up with noapic nolapic acpi=off, and while I was writing the previous post, it finally booted up; it just must have taken its sweet time to do so.

I'm going to install the updated kernel in any case. The specific RPM is kernel-desktop-2.6.24.5-2mnb-1-1mnb1.i586.rpm

jdeisenberg, Aug 27, 2008
  4. mgielissen

westonpf

For me Mandriva seems to have problems when it gets the 'hda' probe, it hangs for ages before eventually starting up, looks like it is having problems with the SSD.

westonpf, Sep 14, 2008
  5. mgielissen

tot31

After the installation, just use the parameter noapic, nolapic, acphi=off at the boot menu. It'll boot fine, then just download the latest kernel from their repository and install it and reboot and everything will be ok.

Here's my screenshots of my AAO with Mandriva 2008.1

Desktop
    [​IMG]

Compiz Fusion 3D Cube
    [​IMG]

tot31, Sep 14, 2008
Ask a Question