mandriva gnome touchpad scrolling issue

Discussion in 'Linux' started by charliesays, May 17, 2009.

1. charliesays

charliesays

Hi

I have mandriva 2009 on a live usb stick, on a A110 (the 8gb one) which appears to work well...apart from a couple of things.

1) The vertical scrolling using the side of the touchpad does not appear to work, well it does, then it doesn't, but more often than not it doesn't or it scrolls a bit the stops the refuses to work, just very hit and miss - has anyone else got this issue? is it because i am running a live version which is a bit slow at times.

2) if i install it will it be much faster than the live version cos its a bit slow compared to my ubuntu live.

The scrolling works in Linpus and my ubuntu live usb stick.

By kind to this noob, trying to decide on his first proper distro install!

Thanks - G

charliesays, May 17, 2009
  2. charliesays

Podus

scrolling works fine for me, as does tap to right click etc. I've got the 8gb SSD with 1.5gb ram. No problems with speed, or anything. Really like Mandriva (tried Fredora 10 before this but it just didn't do it for me)

Podus, May 21, 2009
  3. charliesays

scudder2u

Hey Charliesays,
    Your post is what I logged on to post.

After going through the small hassle to install mandriva on a usb key with mandriva seed (Unetbootin seems to work for most of the other distros) I cant scroll either. Bummer because it would have fixed the video problems I had with Ubuntu (even after applying a few of the tweaks). Guess I sit tight with Ubuntu until one of the guru's figures it out.
    Looks promising though.

scudder2u, May 30, 2009
  4. charliesays

donec

Try the Fn button with the F7 button as that toggles the touchpad on and off.

donec, May 30, 2009
  5. charliesays

scudder2u

Hi donec,
    I did give Fn F7 a try... it does turn off the touchpad but still no scroll when I turn it back on. The trackpad works otherwise just no edge scrolling in firefox or openoffice....

Im on an 160G AA1.. sounds like most folks with the SSD are not having any problems.... Im also working off a usb stick so maybe that has something to do with it although I wouldnt imagine that to be the problem.

Thanks for your post ... bummer it didnt work...

scudder2u, May 30, 2009
  6. charliesays

scudder2u

Hey All,
    I went ahead and did a full install... and edge scrolling works just fine.

A note for others that scrolling may not work with a live session ....

Thanks

scudder2u, May 30, 2009
  7. charliesays

shobon

I believe this is a GNOME problem. Fedora 11 had a similar issue where you could scroll for about 5 or 10 minutes then it would stop completely.

shobon, Jun 15, 2009
Ask a Question