Maximizing battery life

Discussion in 'Windows' started by T. Wrecks, Apr 9, 2009.

1. T. Wrecks

T. Wrecks

I apologize in advance if you get this question a lot...

...but, I bought an AAO last week. Great little netbook. I'm really pleased.

I love the battery life (3 cell model not 6 cell). Compared to my 3-year-old MacBook, it seems to last forever...and I'd like to keep it that way.

So, what's the philosophy on maximizing battery life? Is it okay to leave it plugged in 90% of the time? Or am I better off letting it charge, then run down, charge, run down, etc.

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

T. Wrecks, Apr 9, 2009
  2. T. Wrecks

Firo

This type of battery should never be overcharged, it means if using a computer plugged to main power you should take off the battery. When working on battery it is also not the best approach wait until the battery is almost flat and only than recharge (optimum is around 25-30% - it is a bit difficult to give you an exact figure). REM: stop hoping that your battery will last for ever. It just doesn't work this way, it does have its lifespan (appr. 300 cycles) and it is losing capacity even if not being used. Storing - do not store flat battery and avoid high temperatures..

Firo, Apr 11, 2009
Ask a Question