Medieval 2 Total War

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rokki, Dec 9, 2008.

1. rokki

rokki

I was wondering if anyone has found any solutions that would get make this game run on AA1. My favourite games, all the Total War games...

I have all the necesary stuff and I have installed all the updates and even extra discs and suchs, tried with a1ctl and different resolutions. I even get the launcher working and it starts to load the game, but then crashes saying: "Medieval 2: Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." This is not a problem with the DVD or since I had that earlier, but got that solved already.

Anyone has any ideas or has tried or even better has actually managed to run the game, help me please.

rokki, Dec 9, 2008
  2. rokki

Marche

I think the specs for the game are just too high. Medieval 2 is a really nice looking game graphically wise so I guess the graphics card is too weak for it.

Marche, Dec 9, 2008
  3. rokki

electronicmaji

HAHA

You want to play medieval 2? On the Acer Inspire, with its grand total of no video cards, and less than even the required clock settings?

You won't be able to get medieval 1 to work on it.

I've tried.

Hell you won't get Shogun to work on it...

electronicmaji, Dec 10, 2008
  4. rokki

lohtse

try using 3danalyze works for alot of games that fail to start with internal graphics...

As to no graphics comment hmmmm strange that is has the intel 945 graphics chip with 8meg to 224meg shared. Also you should get medieval runnig and even shogun as I have World in conflict running(is playable on low settings) and that is eeer very resource heavy.

Anyway compare the specs for the games see what you think... If I had a copy of Medieval 2 Total War I would see if I could get it to run but unfortunately I don't . But fiddle with it and you may be lucky.....Just don't discount gaming on the netbook........(unlike some :twisted: )

regards
    Andrew

WIC requirements
    System Requirements
    Processor 2.0 GHz Or Higher, 2.2 GHz For Vista, if dual-core: Any Intel or AMD
    RAM 512MB, 1GB for Vista
    Hard drive 8GB or more
    Video Card 128MB video RAM Direct X 9.0c Compatible
    Sound Card Direct X 9.0c Compatible

Medieval 2 Total War requirements
    System requirements
    Processor 1.8 GHz Processor
    RAM 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
    Hard drive 11GB uncompressed free Hard disk space
    Video Card 128 MB Graphics card
    Sound Card DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit Sound card

Shogun total war requirements

System: PII 233 or equivalent
    RAM: 64 MB
    Video Memory: 8 MB
    Hard Drive Space: 650 MB

lohtse, Dec 10, 2008
  5. rokki

rokki

Lost try.

I finished now, and tried everything, nothing works. Will simply not run.

rokki, Dec 13, 2008
  6. rokki

lohtse

Did you use 3danalyzer????

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 13, 2008
  7. rokki

rokki

yes, I mean i have never used that before, so I am not sure if I did everything correctly, but something I did try with that.
    Also used a1ctl to change the screen resolution, but that didnt have any effect either. Now managed to run TW Rome and it runs nearly perfectly with this 1g ram version.

Did you try out the TW 2 medieval? If you could try that out would be great, still have that here and havent deleted, but soon will if someone wont find solution to make it work.

cheers!

rokki, Dec 16, 2008
  8. rokki

lohtse

Unfortunately I don't have that game so am unable to help much more than I have....

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question