Memory expansion problems

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bshorts, Nov 20, 2008.

1. bshorts

bshorts

Hi there

I bought my Aspire One in THailand a few months ago. Mostly its all good and any minor problems have been sorted out. One thing I can't figure out is the memory expansion thing. I have only 8gb HD so I bought a Verbatim Class 16gb SD card to expand but its not being picked up in either the left hand slot or the right hand one. I downloaded a Texas Instruments driver as recommended by Softpedia and followed their instructions but its still not working. By the way I have Windows XP not Linux.

I know this has been addressed to varying degrees elsewhere but some solutions refer to Linux and the rest are too full of jargon and acronyms for a tech-loser like me. Any dumbed down advice would be very much welcomed

Thanks

bshorts, Nov 20, 2008
  2. bshorts

goofball

is it not detecting the card at all? Memory expansion doesn't work in Windows like it does in Linux so if that is what you are after, you are not going to find it.

goofball, Nov 21, 2008
  3. bshorts

dale

i guess we had the same problem months ago.

What i did in mine is installing the Jmicron (memory card reader) first before the chipset itself after a fresh xp install.

i dunno the exact reason for that but it worked on me. try it if you dont have any files to lose (or just back it up).

:D

dale, Nov 21, 2008
Ask a Question