Memory Expansion Question

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BrandonMB, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BrandonMB

BrandonMB

I have the 8GB 512 model, and after moving to Ubuntu, I moved back to Linpus as the main issue for me was the boot times. I have basic modifications including Advanced Mode hack, toolbar hack, and installed Wine. I have run into a weird issue though with the memory expansion slot.

I have a 16GB SDHC Transcend card, which usually works fine, however lately I have to switch File Manager to Advanced Mode in order to see the card, and it keeps defaulting back to Standard Mode. The bigger pain in the *ss though is that the memory expansion no longer seems to work. If I do a system reboot and then click on the wrench icon, it works for a short period of time, but if I put the machine to sleep and bring it back up, the memory is no longer "expanded". The card doesn't appear, and I have to go back into Advanced Mode to see the card again.

Has anyone run into this issue, and any ideas on how to solve?

BrandonMB, Aug 14, 2008
Ask a Question