Memory leak in 10.5.5

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rockosx, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rockosx

rockosx

If you wouldn't mind helping me out. On your Aspire One with 10.5.5 loaded, would you go to About this Mac -> More Info -> Software -> Logs -> system.log and tell me whether you see " nsexception handler" somewhere in the log and a bunch of numbers following it - for example 0x0342. I know, it looks like prn "Nsex" but it's really a part of OS X that handles exceptions or errors in programs. There appears to be an error with something in 10.5.5. Usually when I run safari for a while, it will present itself, but it's not limited to Safari. The error doesn't appear in 10.5.4, but every once in a blue moon, that nNS exception error will cause your Aspire One to crash, and you'll lose work. That's why I went back to 10.5.4.

You won't find a whole lot of info on it online, apparently it's something that's always been around from the OSX86 days and is present in real macs too.

Please let me know if you see it in your log. Thanks!

rockosx, Nov 19, 2008
Ask a Question