Messenger - Live Update Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by strick206, Jan 1, 2009.

1. strick206

strick206

Hello, wondering if you can help me, my cousin has recently got an acer aspire one for xmas, and asked me to set it up on the internet and msn. I have never used linux before so was a complete novice but setting the internet connection up wasn't difficult, msn however, is proving to be very difficult.

I have read numerous threads on here about the msn problems to try and sort it without having to make a thread. But i have failed, everytime i run live update, it runs for around 3 hours, and then half way through the last update it says error and closes :twisted:

My msn problem is the typical, our protocol is not supported by this server message

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Gary

strick206, Jan 1, 2009
  2. strick206

strick206

Sorted it

Run live update using a LAN connection and not wireless, the update takes 10mins when using a wired connection, once the update is successful, reboot and msn will work fine :D

strick206, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question