Messenger refuses to start

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Alarm_man, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Alarm_man

Alarm_man

Messenger was working fine, but after deleteing an account it now will not start at all. Double clicking on the icon gives the blue swirl for a few seconds then nothing, its as if the icon has not been clicked on. Right click menu, will not start it either....

From my reading the one thing that appears to be common to those that have had this problem is that they have deleted a user account from messenger.

I just hope there is a fix without having to reinstall the boot cd, and spend two days doing an update, not to mention all the back ups to be done before hand!

Any and all ideas received with Thanks,
    Andy

Alarm_man, Jan 13, 2009
  2. Alarm_man

karlstarz

I dont know if this is old news but I have just got my daughter back online with msn. What I did was the following

hardwired the machine into my wireless router
    right clicked to bring up the menu with system option in it and then selected software updater
    you get a lot of updates not shown whenusing live update
    I worked thruogh all of these it takes time and several reboots then when only a couple of updates which had reported errors were left i tried going in through amsn and it worked.

I suppose you could try shortcutting this and just update amsn but i tried it and it failed hence the long route to updating. I started it last night and have just finished.

Hope it helps and if anyone knows a better route please tell us.

For those in the know can I now remove the messenger icon and replace it with one for amsn on the desktop

Karl

karlstarz, Jan 17, 2009
Ask a Question