Mic input: brainstorming a solution for 10.5.5

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by mfds, Dec 9, 2008.

1. mfds

mfds

I have tried to get this issue addressed in both iatks_4 and iatkos_5 topics... but did not got any help there, so I am opening a topic for a more specific discussion on the subject.

After applying all the audio kexts and patches (ALC), we are able to HEAR the audio, but not to use the MIC.
    There is a internal mic to choose in system pref., but all it gives me is static noise... it does not work, can't record anything or use it in ichat or skype... or with my favorite mac recording application, Audio Recorder (free)...
    I have a usb pen that works... but was really hopeful that this wold fix be fix by now.

If anyone is able to get anything else from their mic besides static noise, please show us the way ....

mfds, Dec 9, 2008
  2. mfds

mdc

Well I installed Kalyway on Sunday and followed these instructions.
    I am a real noob on OSX so I wont be able to answer any questions, pretty surprised I got it to work on the first try to tell you the truth. :)
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... 29774&st=0

My microphone works though it is very low input and there is no gain control to fix that.
    Tested it in skype.
    Let me also say I don't know enough about these different version to say it will work on say IATKOS.
    Also I am only at a standard Kalyway install not 10.5.5

1. Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y
    2. unzip the file
    3. open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
    4. type in password and click EASY Install
    5. to be safe Open Terminal
    6. type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""
    7. reboot AAO
    Fixed :
    - Auto Switching from Internal Speaker to headphone
    - Internal Microphone receiving excellently

mdc, Dec 9, 2008
  3. mfds

starsky

Does it work with iChat also? Thanks

starsky, Dec 9, 2008
  4. mfds

jermzkill

great mfds! I've asked so many times if this work with the new iAtkos v5.

I know one solution is using some type of USB mic, but that really isn't a system based solution. It'd be great to have some functional software/kexts to get this working.

jermzkill, Dec 10, 2008
  5. mfds

JeanLuc7

At this time there we have a working mic, but it's not accessible in iChat unfortunately.

JeanLuc7, Dec 10, 2008
  6. mfds

mfds

Thanks mdc for your input. I've installed the 2 the kexts in the downloaded pak... but seems is the same i had already installed. Still not able to make the mic works, just static noise. I have Iatkos-5, maybe yours work because is a Kalyway... if this is true, I will need to reinstall using the above link, but i don't want to do that before been 100% sure it will works. besides the mic and slep issue, iatkos 5 works 100%.

mfds, Dec 10, 2008
  7. mfds

mfds

Hey JeanLuc7, can you please detail what instalation you used (Iakos, Kallyway, etc)... Thanks!

mfds, Dec 10, 2008
  8. mfds

newnkippdiving

I installed StickMAC, but my internal microphone doesn't work.
    External mic using mic-in works well (little bit noisy but I can talk with skype)

I installed OSX with boot132.

If I use Kalyway, internal microphone works well ??

newnkippdiving, Dec 13, 2008
  9. mfds

mac87

I can see that we have two audio fixing methods.

this one here
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5364
    where:
    the internal mic is working without control.
    Line in is not working.
    The mic is not working with ichat.

and this method here
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5364&p=35527&hilit=alcinject#p35527

where:
    line in working with control (we use external mic or external source like instrument or audio device)
    No internal mic.
    This external mic is working in ichat with control.

Well i believe this last one is the right method because we can use our external mic and control it and because it works with ichat ! Auto switch works as well.

I 've made two folders from these two methods (with applehda.kext and hdaenabler.kext) so i can use what i want every time with Kexthelper. The only problem is that after i used the second method usb ports had to be plugged at startup otherwise the usb device doesn't start . After changing the kexts to have the internal mic back and not the line in, the usb problem was there to stay for ever. I am trying not to install Leopard again.... If someone can help ....

mac87, Dec 13, 2008
  10. mfds

nocturne1

Having the same problem here as well. Would hate to start over. Running from rory's guide, then I tried the audio fix as well. Reinstalled rory's audio kexts, and still this USB problem. :(

Although I'm not 100% sure it was caused by the audio files - but I didn't notice this issue before I was messing with it.

nocturne1, Dec 13, 2008
  11. mfds

mac87

funny way to start usb on the run after that mess

just use kexthelper but do not install anything. Only write password and click easy install.

After some seconds, what usb we have plugged in, just appears and operates normal.

No problem to do this if i have a full control line in (as i do).

mac87, Dec 14, 2008
  12. mfds

rory

so all it does is repair permissions then...
    interesting

rory, Dec 15, 2008
Ask a Question