Mic Input Pops

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jpf1982, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jpf1982

jpf1982

Hi,
    Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not; but best guess.

I bought the AA1 for a Podcast that I have and I needed a small portable laptop for on location recording. I plugged my mixer just right into the microphone port on the side of the laptop and this worked find for the last 2 months. I've done this on 3 seperate ocassionas. However I went to do this the other day and suddenly I have an issue. About every three or four seconds there is a sound distortion from the jack. It's small but very noticable when listening to playback. I've unplugged my mic's, mixer's, etc and have narrowed the problem down to the card itself. Could this be a driver problem?

Also it should be noted that I downloaded the absolute newest driver available from Realtek's site which was released on 12/26 and after installing and restarting my computer it decided that I should no longer have any sound at all. So I've restored to the point I saved before installing it.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

jpf1982, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question