Mice for the AA1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by AA1-1277, Aug 26, 2008.

1. AA1-1277

maciek

I have a logitech as well. Bottomline is whichever mouse by logitech you choose you'll be happy!

maciek, Sep 17, 2008
  2. AA1-1277

Starfleet Odie

I am using a Prolink Wireless Laser Mouse PML304, its great has a On/Off swith on the bottom, is about half the size of a normal mouse, has the mini wifi usb, which sits very nicely in the left hand side of my AA1. (Also can be stored in the bottom of the mouse while traveling). Also almost the same colour blue as my AA1. Diddnt cost much around £12, it comes with side buttons for £2 more.

Starfleet Odie, Sep 17, 2008
  3. AA1-1277

Spyder

I have to send my OCZ equalizer mouse back to OCZ for replacement. Thing never worked from the start. I still love how it feels and it matches my AAO perfectly (even though it's currently dead).

Spyder, Sep 17, 2008
  4. AA1-1277

TTgowings

I got the Targus PAUM0008 it's a dual mode mouse and works very well, though I don't believe Targus makes this model anymore so about the only way to get it is via ebay (which is what I did, used) or pay through the nose for a new one from some online retailer.

I also have the Genius Travel 350 Mini, I liked it but it died less then an hour after I used it, so am currently awaiting a replacement frome Genius.

TTgowings, Sep 17, 2008
  5. AA1-1277

gary c

I bought a VX Nano and fell in love w/ that ratchet/smooth toggle wheel. So much so that I ended up buying the big brother MX Revolution for my workstation.

For travel I bought a Kensington Bluetooth Micro adapter (similar to VX Nano's receiver, but sticks out a 1-2mm more) and a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Laser Mouse 5000 (...Super Hyper Turbo Champions Edition For Workgroups :lol: ) to go along with it. So I get bluetooth without tinkering with the insides and I can leave it in even when I slip the AA1 into its case.

gary c, Sep 17, 2008
  6. AA1-1277

Nemix

Logitech V450 is a great mouse but I you want something little lighter...go with the Logitech V320, it uses 2xAAA instead of AA but the receiver is a little bigger. Comes in Black, Silver and Red. Personally I went with the Black one for my Blue Aspire One but I'd buy the Silver if you have a White Aspire One.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_ ... cl=roeu,en

Nemix, Sep 18, 2008
  7. AA1-1277

Ubik

I just got one of the cheap $7 mini-mice with the retractable cord that they were selling at Microcenter, on a shelf directly underneath the netbooks themselves. Hey, works well enough for me.

Ubik, Sep 18, 2008
  8. AA1-1277

coolshop

For those of you who have the Logitech Nano mouse with the teeny receiver.... I'm considering it, but, I've read a few horror stories on Amazon and Google about people who claim the receiver got 'stuck' in their USB port and they couldn't get it out, and then ruined their USB port trying to get it out. Seeing that you say that it fits almost flush into the AAO USB port - do you think this is an issue to be concerned about?

Also, what are the measurements of the Nano? I can't find it anywhere. I'd like to compare its size to the Microsoft Arc mouse when its folded up.

Here one of the complaints, which explains something about the prongs placement and the problem. Maybe this doesn't apply to the AAO?

coolshop, Oct 4, 2008
  9. AA1-1277

Fallenrider

I've just received my Nano VX and it doesn't get stuck in either of the USB ports on the right hand side of the Aspire One.
    However the port on the left side seems to have the side prongs that you descibe - I didn't want to risk putting it in there as it does look like it would stick.

Can any Nano VX owners confirm whether the USB receiver sticks in the lefthand side USB slot?

Fallenrider, Oct 9, 2008
  10. AA1-1277

Kite

I use a VX nano and i can confirm that the USB receiver does not get stuck in the lefthand side, in mine atleast.
    I have put the receiver in all 3 ports, and I have no problems with it.

I see the prongs you are describing. In my ports these prongs seems to be not sticking out from the sides. If you sense trouble, just dont stick it into that port.

Just a note that it seems the reciever does get pretty warm in the left slot, i guess its just due to the heat dispensing design of the aao

Kite, Oct 9, 2008
  11. AA1-1277

jvd_vetrad

Sorry I am a fresh novice defecting from Windows! Should a wireless USB mouse be automatically recognised by Linpus?

Thanks

JVD

jvd_vetrad, Oct 17, 2008
  12. AA1-1277

Ness

Sorry, I'm kinda digging up this topic, but as far as I LOVE my AA1, I hate the stupid ultra loud noise the buttons on the touchpad make when I press them and I'd like to buy a tiny tiny mouse to pack up in the bag when I take the AA1 with me.
    I'm already using a so-called mini-mouse for my macbook (actually, didn't notice it went under the category "mini" until I started looking for a mini mouse for the AA1 and discovered even the tiniest I could find was slightly bigger than the one I already own), but I want something really really small, possibly wireless. I'm getting so bored with this stupid touchpad that I even considered the touch-screen mod, but it's a bit more expensive than a mouse.
    So, basically, I'd like a wireless white mouse, that is smaller than 7cm in length, if such thing can be found... I found a black and silver ugly thingie in a store nearby which has a retractable cord and would match the dimensions that I want, but... hey, ugly, and I'm a girl, so I want something nice to go with my lovely computer :)
    Any ideas ?
    The HP KM407AA (https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpca ... M407AA.htm) is the kind of thing I'm looking for, but it's a bit big (bigger than my actual mouse, a samsung pleomax mini) and heavy.

Ness, Mar 26, 2009
  13. AA1-1277

craggsy

I have a logitech VX nano, its brilliant. Bit more expensive than others but the nano receiver is great. The Vx 450 nano is another option, bit bigger but has the nano receiver. Comes with a case for the mousse so you can just chuck it in your bag and forget about it, overall great product.

craggsy, Jun 24, 2009
  14. AA1-1277

simbeb

Good luck with that Love. You might find it hard to find a white wireless mouse that is smaller than the HP one you mentioned. I own that one and that is as small a mouse you can get in white, wireless and with that level of quality of use. I admit it is a bit heavy for its size but it's very small, very smooth, precise, and works from all angles and at a very impressive distance.
    If however you do find one that's better, please give me a shout! ;)

simbeb, Jun 25, 2009
  15. AA1-1277

T1nmaN

Here's what I am using:

Mini bluetooth adapter ($8.60 USD)):
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11825
    ** Be carfeful which adapter to buy as not all are as flush fitting as this one. **

Mini bluetooth mouse ($18.44 USD):
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16090

I looked at other wireless mice, but this adapter is bluetooth, so I can use it for other things like a keyboard, etc....
    Please let me know if there are better options, but like I said, for the price, with free shipping, these rock!!
    I am using mine with XP, but it is supposed to work with Linux as well.

T1nmaN, Aug 28, 2009
  16. AA1-1277

Ness

Sorry to digg up this topic, but I just wanted to let you know that I found the perfect mouse for my AAO : the samsung ultra slim mouse. You can see it here : http://geeky-things-i-love.geeksugar.com/1135353 and here : http://www.geeksugar.com/286270
    I'm really, really happy with it and I don't regret having bought it. I have it since the end of June, and I never had any problem with it.
    It also exists in wireless version.

Ness, Nov 3, 2009
Ask a Question