Microphone input very low

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Weili, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Weili

Weili

I tried to use my new Acer Aspire One Happy to record school lectures today and noticed that the microphone's input is extremely low. You almost have to be right next to it for it to pick up the sounds on a normal level. I tried to increase the microphone input volume through the audio control panel but it didn't seem to increase the sensitivity by much.

Is there something I could do or is the microphone just weak? Thanks.

Weili, Feb 19, 2011
  2. Weili

donec

For something like that you will probably need an external mike as the ones they put in the computers is never very good.

donec, Feb 19, 2011
  3. Weili

Swarvey Moderator

You mentioned that you increased its volume in the audio control panel, but have you increased it's gain level? I had mine up pretty high and people I was conferencing with on MSN were able to hear virtually everything that was happening in the background.

These are Windows 7 directions, but they should be very similar to XP settings
    Start -> Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording tab -> Double Click your Microphone -> Levels tab -> Microphone Boost -> move the slider to the right

Swarvey, Feb 20, 2011
Ask a Question