Middle keyboard clip

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by googlemad, Jan 27, 2009.

1. googlemad

googlemad

Hi,

Upgraded RAM on my second AAO tonight, everything went back fine and the clips on the shell are all present but the keyboard refuses to clip back onto the middle tab!

It isn't pushed in at all, any ideas?

googlemad, Jan 27, 2009
  2. googlemad

jeremysdad

Use the edge of a credit card to put pressure on the frame of the keyboard itself, right above the F-keys. Sometimes it can take a little force. Worked for me, and doesn't risk messing up any keys. You will see where to put pressure when you look at it. Good luck! :)

jeremysdad, Jan 28, 2009
  3. googlemad

GvidoR

I used a flathead screwdriver. When I opened it up I left some chip marks though.. :( but it's not THAT bad! :D

GvidoR, Jan 28, 2009
  4. googlemad

googlemad

The credit card tip worked like a charm, thanks :D

Can't believe the hardest part in getting the AAO to bits is the keyboard removal!

googlemad, Jan 28, 2009
  5. googlemad

DeadCode

I have a similar issue in that I cannot clip either the middle or left side clip anymore. I think I pushed in the clip to far when I was taking it apart to add the extra ram.

The clip on the left is so far pushed in that i can no longer push it back out because of a plastic piece that covers the access to the back of that clip.

I was able to get at the back of the middle clip but even though I can push it through from behind, as soon as I try to lock the keyboard in the clip disappears.

So now I have quite a bit of flex in the keyboard especially around the F6 key. I thought about using double sided tape near the two clips to hold things together.

Anybody else have this problem?

DeadCode, Feb 10, 2009
  6. googlemad

kinesin

I'm having the same issue, just upgraded the wifi and ram in my second AA1 and I've pushed the keyboard clips back too far, now all three won't pop back so the keyboard is very loose.
    I did try and find a way to push the clips back from the inside of the housing - but didn't have the time to take the protective metal sheeting off.
    I think it's going to have to be double sided tape :roll:

kinesin, Feb 26, 2009
  7. googlemad

kinesin

i fixed all three of my keyboard clips by first using a small flat head screw driver to pull the clips full out the wrong way, this allowed me to place another small flat head into the slot to act as a guide for the clip, as the clip is then pushed back into it's default position it slides along the second screw driver and pops back out into the correct position. I levered the clear pastic LED light thing off to get the RHS clip, but it pushes back on with no worry.

kinesin, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question