Mini PC Broadband card install

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by nootrak4, Sep 18, 2008.

1. nootrak4

nootrak4

i upgraded the laptop with a memory to 1.5gb and a 250gb harddrive. I was trying to install a MINI PCI card which is a broadband (spring) which i got from my Dell latitude D620 and after putting it into the mini pci in the AAO it would not boot. it will turn on and go through the motion like is going to display the bios but noting happens. after removing the card and try to boot again it boots with no problem. the only thing i can think about, is power consumption. I would love to replace my WiFi Card with my broadband card as, i can see myself using my broadband card more often then a Wifi card. if anyone knows where i can get a broadband card that will work with this Mini PCI let me know or anyway i can use this card with the laptop. this laptop is perfect. The only thing is missing is support for broadband cards. i mean who goes around now a day and tries to get on wifi. everything seems to be LOCKED. and i dont have the time specially if i need to get online.

nootrak4, Sep 18, 2008
Ask a Question