Minor issues with AO531 and Ubuntu 9.04/9.10

Discussion in 'Linux' started by viva, Sep 4, 2009.

1. viva

viva

Hello,

I've got an Aspire One 531 for several month now. It's running on Ubuntu 9.04 and does just fine. I also tested Ubuntu 9.10 (Alpha 5) on it.

There are still some minor issues I can't fix. There are solutions for all of them on an Aspire One A110/150, but those fixes don't work for the AO531. So, if you got a AO531, too, and have solutions for those issues, please spread the word.

Wireless LED and switch
    Wifi works fine after installing wicd under Ubuntu 9.04 and out of the box with the gnome network manager under Ubuntu 9.10. But the wireless LED is dead and the system doesn't react on the wireless kill switch. By the way, the bluetooth LED and kill switch work without problems on both systems.

SD expansion port
    The standard multi-format card reader works fine, but the additional SD expansion port isn't recognized by the system unless there is a card inside when booting up. Even then, applications like digiKam don't realize there is a second card inside the AO531.

Internal microphone
    Under Ubuntu 9.04 there is a reaction on the internal microphone, but one can't understand anything. Ubuntu 9.10 gives a choice of two microphones, but none of them reacts to the internal mic of the AO531.

Thank you in advance for any advice on these issues.

viva, Sep 4, 2009
Ask a Question